Poly Lumber Screech Owl/Saw Whet Owl Box with Green Poly Lumber Roof
made of recycled poly lumber.
Screech Owls and Saw-whet Owls compete with other birds for natural cavities because they are so small. They eat night-flying insects and may sometimes make a meal of other small birds. You may want to position this birdhouse away from the houses of other birds.
Screech Owls are one of the easiest owls to attract to your area as they are found widely across the United States. Screech owls are always looking for a place to call home. The little 7" tall owls can become quite tame and will help keep your insect and rodent population under control. The small Screech Owls and Saw-whet Owls can have a hard time finding natural cavities because of the competition from other birds. Our Poly Lumber Screech Owl Nest Box is a very popular alternative.
- Front door opens easily for installation and for yearly cleaning
- The size of the box represents similar habitats found in nature
- Drainage holes on the bottom of the box promote airflow and proper drainage
- Poly slats on the front help owls get into the box
- Overhanging roof keeps the inside dry
- Nesting materials and screws are provided
- Overall dimensions of this cedar owl box are 12" Wide x 14" Tall x 10.5" Deep.
Made in the USA!
Overall dimensions of this owl box are 12" Wide x 14" Tall x 10.5" Deep. For best results mount 10 to 20 feet high in a large, dense tree over looking an open yard or field. This house may also be used by Saw-whet owls, American Kestrels and several woodpecker species.
Hole Diameter: 4 W X 3 H
Hole Height above Floor: 9.75